Our Evaluation process
In order for dogs to use the Daycare and Boarding Services at Very Important Pets, they must pass a 4-hour evaluation process. This process is done to ensure the safety, health, and happiness of all dogs and staff.
Evaluations are by appointment only.
Walk ins will be turned away
What the process looks like:
- Once you’ve filled out our Canine Service Application, we’ll get in touch with you to set up an evaluation. You can contact your veterinarian to have them send over proof of vaccines to our email. On the day of your dog’s evaluation, you will only be needed for a few minutes to sign our contract and policies & procedure form, then get a tour of our facility if you’d like.
- We’ll start by placing your dog in our evaluation pen. This is a private pen where we can start the evaluation process.
- Touch/Handler Test
- Our Qualified Evaluator will pet and handle your dog to make sure they are comfortable being handled by our staff. We will also evaluate how well they listen to basic commands given by our staff members.
- Introductory Dog Test (Daycare Interest Only)
- We have several dogs at our facility that we’ve picked out to be our Evaluation Greeters. They are typically calm, mild mannered, and have great communication skills.
- Small Group Test (Daycare Interest Only)
- If your dog has successfully passed the first 2 stages, we move onto the small group test. We add more dogs, making a small play group of dogs. They will range in age, size, and energy.
- Large Group Test (Daycare Interest Only)
- At the Large Group Test, we add your dog into a full-sized play group. There will be even more variety of dogs and energy levels.
- Kennel Test
- Most dogs at our facility use our kennels, even for Daycare. We want to make sure they are comfortable and are not anxious while in there. We will kennel your dog and see how they do being left alone for a nap. We will also evaluate how they react with staff walking by and staff walking into their kennel. We will also evaluate how they do with dogs passing by their kennel and how they react to dogs staying in neighboring kennels.
- When we are done with the Evaluation Process, we will notify you with a phone call so we can discuss the results and you can pick up your dog!
- Pass: $20/dog and can use Daycare and/or Boarding Services.
- Fail: Free, but not allowed to use Daycare and Boarding Services. May re-evaluate in the future based on staff recommendation.